Sunday, January 13, 2008

Making the most of things

Since my little time spent on the inside...of hospital that is, i've been a happier person I think. Going back to work as stopped me dreaming of my time inside, getting back to being normal is good. I've actually found things funnier and have not been so serious about stuff, I hope this carries on, I know life throws all sorts at you but maybe I can deal with things in a slightly different way.

Oh enough of me..what makes you tick and keep sane?

I feel this is a serious post for a Sunday but having watched The Big Question on telly this morning I thought it was apt. Today's discussions were on 'Can we communicate with the dead and does every child need a mother and father? It was good stuff for Cavy my significant other to have a something to react and rant against.

On the parenting issue, I feel if a person wants to have a child they should have the option to be able to do this and not be judged if they are on their own. A child needs love. Therefore two women or two guys together if they love the child and care for their wellbeing then I see no issue and good luck to them.



I'll jump off my tiny soapbox now and go to town to look for a strapless bra I need for my new party dress!

6 comments:

Monique said...

What keeps me tick and keep sane? My writing I suppose. Yes, I agree, Life keeps throwing things at you. Now my children have left home and don't really need me anymore, it's now the elderly parents-in-law I worry about.

Good luck with your bra!

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

There's always something to worry about isn't there, I suppose it's best not to worry about everything.

thanks monique for your words of wisdom x

Monique said...

Thank you Wisdom for such nice comment. And you are definitely not wittering.

How did it go with that bra?

Susan as Herself said...

Ooooh, I hate strapless bras. So uncomfortable. Good luck with that!

Jake said...

Glad everyone is keeping a caring eye on you. Don't fret about the gym. Trampolines are on sale for £14.99 in Sainsbury.
One query. You made cookies in a muffin/cake tin? ha ha Did you take pictutres of the result?
x

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

Nah no piccies, disastrous looking cookies but tasted nice!