Wednesday, January 09, 2008

and let yourself breathe

First time tonight after work I popped along to a Pilates sessions, little did I realise it was the advanced one. I asked if I should try again next week at beginners, but no the instructor sid, 'stay don't be put off'. I'm glad I had a go but realise now how unfit and un supple I am. I will have a go again but next time the easy moves. Forcing one's toes behind your ears and circling your legs at 90 degree angles makes for plenty of practice!!!

oooh need my bed now zzzzzzzzzzzzz

and remind me why i've started going to the gym????

7 comments:

fizzycat said...

Thanks. Would you say Pilates is easier than yoga ( only meaning the gentle type not Ashtanga).

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

mmmmmmmmm yet to really try yoga so can't comment,went years ago when I was a student and didn't enjoy the standing on the head position!

Monique said...

I prefer yoga. Hatta yoga. Very gentle. Mustn't push yourself. Relaxing.

Susan as Herself said...

I have never done Pilates---only yoga and also Qui Gong and Tai Chi (which are similar.)

I always picture Pilates using fancy contraptions. Some day I will try it!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I have wanted to start pilates...good for you! I would surely need to go to a beginning class...I am so out of shape!
Penny

Anonymous said...

Because it's good for you! Keep going. I'm forcing myself to go too. It's hard, but it will become habit, right?

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

Forcing myself to the gym has made me want to go to different classes otherwise I could find the gyming experience a bit tediuos at times when I spend alot of my time now worrying if the heart rate is jumping up to high :>)

roll on enjoying the pilate experience x

thanks for al of your great comments